Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

November 18th was Bree's second birthday and to celebrate we went bowling. When it came to lining up the ball ramp, Bree got a lot of professional help from Papa. Maybe if I would have had a ramp of my own and someone to help guide me towards the right pins I would have been able to beat my two year old at bowling!!





Darn gutter balls! I think someone's sabotaging my game.



And thats as far into bowling as my camera batteries made it. Then it was time to go home for lunch, cake and presents. This was my first attempt at decorating a real cake. In future attempts, I'll just buy a jar of Wiltons flesh tone food coloring instead of trying to make my own. OR I'll just pass the cake pan along to my wonderful older sister, who is great at everything she does to decorate it. :o) Sound good, Becki?



She oddly became very shy while everyone was staring at her singing happy birthday.



Later it was time to head outside to enjoy (what ended up being) the last warm day for the season. Here is Bree swinging in her swing for the last time. Next summer she gets a normal big girl swing.



Lastly it was time for a bath where she is getting very brave about sticking her head in the water. Sometimes she'll even lay on her stomach and stick her face in. Usually that ends with inhaling water and choking for a couple of minutes but I'm glad she's experimenting.



My clean little butterfly.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...she beat me too. Don't feel bad!
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can let you borrow the flesh tone color, but I'd be glad to do anything for my G!
    Becki

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little girl just has the most beautiful hair.

    I have been waiting for the 2year post, looks like she had a great day.

    ReplyDelete