Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hand Crafted

My grandma start it.


My dad copied it.


My sister dapples in it.


My father in law is great at it.


And soon enough, Jim and I will be doing it in our garage.


What the heck am I talking about??


Woodworking silly.

Before my dad passed away he told Jim and I that he wanted us to have the tools in his shop.  Of course I was more than honored to know that some day my dad's prized woodworking tools would come home with me, that I too would someday create something wonderful with my own hands, in my own garage.   So this past summer we rented a storage unit, cleaned out the garage and began work on what will someday soon be called "Our Shop." And by we I mean I rented the storage unit and Jim did all the rest.  Credit where credit is due. 









One bench in place, ready to go.  As you can see from the picture above, the space underneath the worktop is designed to hold all our totes of holiday decorations, keepsakes, etc.  This will be the most orangized woodshop you'll ever see.



(If you look a little closer at the window you will see a can of pledge. Not only will it be the most oragnized shop but the tidiest, dust free shop as well.)



I'll bring you more pictures as the garage gets completed.



Thankful -adjective to be appreciative

I am THANKFUL for my God given talents.

Grateful-adjective pleasing to the mind or senses

I am GRATEFUL for the ability to learn new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment