Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

This Old House

Some minor kitchen repairs are underway in this household
YAY! 

The Kitchen Before.

   

1972 yellow backsplash.  Isn't it lovely?


Step one:  Remove backsplash.


Step Two: Repair walls with drywall mud in preparation for new backsplash.


Oh my goodness! Lets see those pictures side by side,
 shall we?


 Thats enough of a change for me. 
I think we can call it done. 








But we're not.  

One Saturday afternoon as we were looking through the ads we noticed that Menards had micro ranges on sale.  So we thought "Why not?"



I also bid farwell to my  beloved border.




 Once removed, we were reminded of why it was put up in the first place.  The previous owners used some atomic extra super strength wallpaper paste to attach their border with.  This took me over two hours to scrap away.



Yeah.... its not going anywhere.  So unless any of you loyal readers wish to volunteer to come spend countless hours standing on a chair doing tedious work then a border must go back up.

Bummer.

I was kinda hoping for crown molding.

Stay tuned for more on this kitchen make-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment