Search This Blog

Friday, December 29, 2017

Whats in a word?

A few years ago, I read the book "My One Word" and quickly jumped on the 'one word' resolution bandwagon.  And just as the book describes, God worked and wove His way through my life and morphed my word into something more than I could have imagined.  For example:

In 2015, my word for the year was:

 
The intentions behind my word was to finish off the multitude of projects in my plate that was half done and to get the other multitude of projects off the back-burner and brought to life.  While some of that did happen, 'Accomplished' became so much more.  That year I had the highest program attendance in the history of the library.  Ever.  I spoke at a district wide conference to help bring awareness of awesome resources available in our community.  I, along with help from various people, completed 10 sessions with a personal trainer, got involved with the Wauseon Community Dinner, converted our bedroom closet to a craft space, and went on our first ever vacation alone with Jim since kids were born.  It was a very accomplished year - beyond what I ever could have imagined.
 
In 2016, my word for the year was:
 
 
My intentions may have been a bit morbid.  I have a firm grasp in the Biblical truth that my days on this Earth are numbered.  While I can hope that I will live a long life with plenty of time to impart my wise to my children, the fact remains that even tomorrow is not guaranteed.  So my goal with 'legacy' was to focus on what I want to leave behind.  A recipe book full of my favorite recipes, handwritten, complete with tips and changes I made.  Photo albums all up to date.  But once again, God had other intentions for my word.  By December 31st, 2016, against all prior notions of what I thought was in store for my life, of what I thought my children would remember of their childhood, I became a full time, stay at home mom. 
 
I did not choose a word for 2017 but I'm back on my game for 2018 with:
 
 
 
 
I have some pretty hardy goals set for 2018 not to mention a 2019 Disney trip that we have not started saving for.  It is going to take a whole lotta Grit to get to the finish line.  But with God I can get there and exponentially further!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment