Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2018

Wanderlust

6:30am - out of bed for a moment of silence and to check the weather for the day/weekend

6:50am - get kids out of bed and ready for school

7:15am - leave with Bree to get gas, drop her off to school, stop by Mom's to return laundry

7:40am - back home to grab Jacob and take him to school

8am - back home, make coffee, get dressed, head to work

11:15am - done with work, off to have lunch with Jacob

12:15pm - home to make phone calls, confirm doctors appointments, put away dishes, and go get Holly.

12:55pm - drop Holly off to school, head to Walmart and Chiefs to do grocery shopping for home and Mom.

1:45pm - drop off groceries to Mom and head over to Pettisville meats for last of groceries

Its no wonder on days like this when I see 332 miles in my tank my brain starts to wander - where else could I be right now?  Where would this tank of gas take me?



In 2.5 hours I could be back in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley National Park. 

In 4 hours I could be in Hocking Hills. 

Its only 6 hours to Niagara Falls.

And in one short half day of driving I could be on the sandy shores of the Outer Banks.

My heart aches, longs.  For what?  Not sure. 

Wanderlust.

There is so much to see and do in this world.  The days revolve around the kids and work, as it does in this stage of life.  But that doesn't stop time from slipping away.  Perhaps this cold and gloomy weekend is the perfect opportunity to start planning the next day trip, road trip, weekend getaway, vacation, whatever it may be - or may become! 

And its quite obvious I need to start heading out West!

No comments:

Post a Comment