Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss





That is exactly how I'm feeling lately. A few weeks ago (January 6th to be exact), Jim innocently suggested not replacing our bathroom cupboards but sanding and restaining them instead. Since then a snow storm and the worst stomach flu ever has kept me from making the trip to Toledo to get this project rolling. But this past weekend nothing was going to stop me from shopping and thank goodness nothing did. Now the decision making begins.

Here are the bathroom cupboards:




Here are the handles that I purchased:



And this is the border that is going in the bathroom:




Jim has discovered a stain that he just absolutely loves. I don't care for it much. I love dark colored woods and this is definately not. I know this should be a time for compromising but yet maybe this is a time to just let him have his way. After all, he let me do whatever I wanted with the landscaping. The more coats of this stain you use the more it changes.

The bottom of the wood only has one coat of stain, the middle has two coats and the top has three.





Then I also need to decide on the flooring. Since its mostly going to be Bree's bathroom linoleum is the way to go. I have narrowed it down to three options.

Option 1. Classic. Timeless. Will go with any decor.
Option 2. There is a blue tint to it that didn't show up in the picture. I like that the blue in the floor will tie into the blue in the border.
Option 3. This is very similar to what is already in my bathroom. It just has more texture and depth to it.






Right now the bathroom has wallpaper that has been painted over and not well I might add. I would like to paint the bathroom versus wallpapering again. But that will all determine what condition the walls are in after we strip them. So then here are my color choices:

Color 1: Greens. It'll make the dragons pop out more.
Color 2. Purples. brings out the details in the picture.
Color 3. Yellow. Again brings out the details in the pictures plus its nice and light and airy.
Color 4. Grays. There is just something I love about a room painted gray.







As you can see I have a lot on my mind and many decisions to make. Don't even get me started on where to place the border. At the top of the wall... In the middle... Do I paint the top half of the wall one color and the bottom another? My head is jsut spinning. Opinions would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. I like the purples the most. I would need to see the whole bathroom to tell you my opinion about the border. For the floor i like the first option the most cause it is light and i think it would look really good with your dark cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green colors for the walls. I would do #1 on the top and #4 on the bottom with the border inbetween. The floor??? I could not decide when we were taking pictures and i still cant. The blueish is looking like it might be my favorite for the motif....Good Luck... and if the room is de-cattified...I would love to help you out if you wanted help.. Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete