Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My garden

This is my garden.



I love my garden. I love that my hubby built me my gardens. We had to build this type of raised garden bed because of the sheer multitude of rabbits in our neighborhood. My garden would have never stood a chance on the ground. FYI: I am planting grapes between the metal posts that are inbetween the garden beds. Next year there will be wire strung for the vines to climb. So on April 28th I planted my first "crop" of green onions and in just a matter of days we had this...



Everyday I go out to my garden there are more and more onions popping up and growing and thriving. It makes me so happy that I can actually grow something.



However my darling husband was quick to point out to me that the onions I hadn't planted yet (that were still sitting in the bag) were also growing...



Maybe my thumb isn't as green as I was starting to think. The true test will be this weekend when I plant my tomatoes and jalapeno plants. We'll see how well those thrive.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you can have a lot of nice and big barbecue parties at your huge garden.
    Good luck with the onions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the planters that Jim built for you. I broke down and bought some tomato and pepper plants along with some various vegetable seeds last night. I'm going to take Dad up on his offer. Wish me luck! :o)

    ReplyDelete