Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I had a dream

I've randomly been having dreams about Dad. Sometimes they are just small little "clips" that the only thing I remember is that Dad was there. Then sometimes they are full blown dreams. I search and search for a meaning and a purpose to apply to whatever life situation I'm facing at the moment but so far nothing makes sense. I don't want to forget these dreams no matter how minute or trivial they seem. Maybe once all the pieces are put together, the whole picture can be seen. So without further ado, here is dream 1.

I was in my parents basement. Everything setup as it was when I was in elementary school. I was sitting on the counter in the laundry room talking to my friend as I did many times in my youth when I had to put the phone down to tend to something else. When I picked up the phone again to continue my conversation my friend was no longer on the other end. But Dad was. I jumped up and started running around the basement screaming "Its my Dad! Its my Dad!" I was crying. I was laughing. I was so excited to hear his voice again. I could actually hear his voice in my dream. Oh how wonderful he sounded. However, I could not stop screaming or crying enough to make out what it was he was trying to tell me. In my head I kept telling myself to shut up and listen but it just didn't work. Then I unfortunately woke up, not knowing what it was he was trying to tell me.


Since having that dream, we've had more than a few rough patches that we certainly could have used dream advice from Dad. One night as I laid in bed I had a little conversation with Dad that went something like "Dad we could use some help down here. If we're missing something or if you have any pointers for us, please let us know. But to go tell Becki because you remember what happened last time you tried to tell me something."

2 comments:

  1. you're wonderful!
    I am glad you are having the dreams! But I agree it would be great to know what he's telling ya!
    You'd better keep on Becky's good side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, tell he better tell Becki!
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete