Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

Daunting

I have a saying hanging on my kitchen wall that says:
 
I'm not sure if life is passing me by or trying to run me over.
 
I can relate to that saying on a daily basis.   I work, I clean, I spend time with the children, I work some more, clean some more, get the husband involved in the working and cleaning but its pointless.  At the end of the day or week, no matter the life choices I've made, the mound of work ahead of me is daunting.
 
 
To help show the magnitude of the heaping pile of clothes...
 
 
 
Taller than a toddler and twice as deep.
 
Sadly, this was not all the clean laundry that awaited me - the last two loads were still in the washer and dryer.  However I realize that maybe my perspective on housework is all wrong.
 
I dread it.  I drag my feet.  I procrastinate.  I think about all the other fun things I could be doing.  When in actuality I should be thinking 'how can I make this chore more exciting?' 

After all, the children have it figured out.


I couldn't get a good picture.  The jumps got higher, the laundry pile got bigger, the laughs got louder.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment