Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2015

Christmas comes early around here

I have a problem.  
 
I like love to craft.  I live to craft. 
I feel alive when I craft.
 
What's the problem?
 
The problem is that I have children who tend to be a bit of a distraction when crafting which leads to projects taking more than the day it should to complete and often times any available surface in my house will look like this:   
 
 
My husband finds that a problem which then becomes my problem when he has to clear a space so we can, you know, eat at a table. 
 
My solution to the problem? 
 
Downsize my craft items!  HA!!  Not a chance!
 
 
Instead it would be much more simple to just remove a closet, take down the header, knock out the wall, purchase cabinets, patch up any wall damage, and create an office area inside the master bedroom that will be reserved as 'Momma's space', right? 
 
Why yes it would!  
 
All in the name of a Christmas gift, of course.
 
The before:
 
 
A perfect chance to get some Father/Son bonding time in. 

 

 
The header that will come down and the ugly light that needed replacing anyways. 

 
The space behind the seemingly pointless wall proved to contain a small problem - a chimney.  Have to look at shallower floor to ceiling cabinets now!

 
The header is removed.  Now to look at faux tin ceiling tiles or other options to cover the holes versus trying to make 30+ year old texture. 

 
Choices, choices.  What color cabinets?  What color countertop?  This is so exciting!

 
And there you have it. 
Stage one of my Christmas gift complete.   

 
A gutted closet awaiting cabinets, paint, hardwood floor, new lighting, ceiling work, and lots and lots of containers to get myself organized.  This could take a while.  But hopefully not too long.  I've got new projects calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment