Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2016

Steps 4 - 5 - 8 and DONE! Almost

It started.  And then it stopped.  It was slow going and then all of the sudden it was done.  Well almost.  We are waiting on one last key piece to come in and then I'll be a project making fool.
 
At long last, here is the update on my craft closet renovation.
 
When this project started, this is what the closet looked like:

 
Then the header and drywall were removed and it looked like this:
 

 
Wooden floors were added, drastically changing the feel of the room:
 

 
Little detailed decisions needed to be made like paint color to make my super cool new light:
 
 
Trim needed to be painted.  Yep, I'm going WHITE in a craft room.  Which if you know me, or any crafter for that matter, this is a daring and bold move!  Must learn to paint neater.  Must learn to paint neater.  Must learn to paint neater....

 
Bead board was added to the ...... ceiling!  We had to hide the hole from the header after all. 

 
Cabinets were unboxed, screwed together, and ready to be hoisted into position. 

 
From there it was smooth sailing.  For me.  The bystander.  My hubby on the other hand, had a weekend full of fun ahead of him. 









 
And the color choice?
 
 
I went with...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
Bottlenose Dolphin.  Or in other words. 
Gray. 
 


 
I went with the decision to remove the doors from the other closet in the space.  They were the sliding kind and always falling off their tracks.  Someday I may choose to have bi-fold doors installed but for now I found curtains that will do the trick and I love them!

 
All that's left to finalize my room so I can start busting out the projects is my countertop (which has already been ordered), a chair to sit on, and containers so I can start loading all my supplies into my new cupboards! 
 
But all that did not stop my child from using my craft room before me!

 
Thank you to my hard-working husband who pulled most of this off in a single weekend.  You sacrificed your closet (for the second time) for me to gain a place that makes my heart happy.  And while this space probably means we'll be spending more time apart, I promise to make you proud and save you money with the items that come out of it.  I appreciate you seeing my vision and making it happen.  
 
I love you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment