Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Pine Lake

Over the past year, I have fallen deeply in love with the website 'Only in Your State'.  It contains thousands of articles featuring food joints of all varieties, hiking suggestions, oddities you should check out, history lessons and historical places, festivals, and more on each state.  Its perfect for a day tripper like me to just sit and browse and dream about fitting all these places into our weekends.  And its even more perfect when I get to visit those places AND its just as great as the article says!

Pine Lake
Berne, Indiana   

In early Spring, as the sis-in-law and I booked out our camping weekends, we set aside a random Sunday to venture out to this water park built into a man-made lake featured on 'Only in Your State'.  On a whim the summer before, my other sis-in-law had braved this place with her own kids and highly recommended it.  I respect others opinions as much as I can but there were lots of variables that made us leery like....  She went during the week, we were going on the weekend.  The kids in our group were younger than the kids in her group.  But when the day rolled around and the weather was cooperating, off we went! 

The view of Pine Lake from our beach towel location.
 

Bree and Jake loved trying to cross the floating bridge.  It just looked like exercise to me.
 

 
There were multiple water slides to try out.
 
 
And a short zipline with a thrilling ending.
 
 
 
 
There was a 10 foot diving board that didn't go well the first time:
 
 
Second time she got a bit braver:
 
 
 
And then there are the showoffs of the group:
 
 
There is also a 20 foot jump:
 
 
And a 30 foot jumping platform that gave me anxiety just watching people plunge from.
 
 
Behind our beach location was a great splash pad for the less adventurous kids. 
 

 
We went in to this little adventure not knowing what to expect and not expecting a lot.  After almost 6 hours, it was time to drag the kids away (and I do mean Drag. Them. Away.) to begin the journey home.  I'm not even sure if we had made it out of the vicinity of Pine Lake before the kids were asking if we can go back next summer and I do believe the answer to that is...
 
YES!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment