Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Captured

There is no way to capture a feeling in a picture but I sure wish there was.

The first warm Spring breeze was blowing in from the open patio doors.  It smelled wonderfully of warmed dirt and grass and promise of outdoor excitement to come in the season.  Peter, Paul, and Mary's'Its Raining, Its Pouring' is softly playing on the CD player as Holly follows along with her book.  Birds are chirping wildly outside and I'm in the kitchen chopping eggs for a simple egg salad lunch.


Its days like these when I'm instantly transported back to the simple days of my youth.  Days I cherish.  And days I hope my kids will cherish too. 

For Holly, there may be much more to remember about this day as well.  While doing lunch dishes at the sink, I look up to discover Holly had snuck out the patio door, grabbed her bike, and was in the driveway determined to learn how to ride.  Of course, the moment I stopped filming she took off!!

(Please pardon the dramatic music in the background.  Holly was listening to a book on CD and never shut it off.  I think it adds a nice little soundtrack touch to her attempts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment