Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2019

Readiness

Day by day Kindergarten is getting closer.  

I don't know who is more nervous - Holly or me.  I've sent two other kids off to the big, scary school and they've been just fine carrying their own lunch trays and getting to the bathroom in time.  But as a parent, I still worry.   

Holly (and probably the other kids) have worries and fears of their own. That too is natural.  Which is why I love that her preschool does a field trip to the Primary school prior to Kindergarten screening so the kids aren't going in blind.


The Principal went over what to do when you're dropped off to school in the morning, showed them the library, the Kindergarten wing and classroom, the various bathrooms throughout the school, and, most importantly, where lunch is served.


Holly went in with trepidation, but came out ready to conquer Kindergarten.  Let's see if she still feels the same next week at Registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment