Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2019

Resemblance

How many times have you heard someone say "You look like your mom!"  or "You look like your dad!" ?

I was never one to hear it.  I just assumed I was a perfect blend of them both.  
Until recently.

Now I see it.  Spittin' image of my dad.



Legacy of Laughter

Life handed him a few hard knocks;
Sometimes his luck was bad.
He had the usual ups and downs
As most of us have had.


Grief had its day along his way,
Great fortune passed him by,
But he always came out a winner
With a twinkle in his eye.


This legacy of laughter
A gift from some forbearer,
Was all the weapon that he had
To fight life's pain and care.


But he kept his sense of humor
And he laughed away the tears,
And he went on spreading chuckles
All around him down the years.


And I know I'll find him waiting,
When I join him by and by,
Likely joshing with the angels,
With that twinkle in his eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment