Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Pine-ing

Impromptu trips with the neighborhood friends are the best kind.

A simple 10pm walk to avoid the heat turns into a conversation with fellow walker/neighborhood mom and 10 hours later you're all loaded into the van ready to beat the heat at the best place you know of.

Pine Lake Waterpark
Berne, Indiana


When my kids are older and grown, the thing I think I will miss most is splash pads.  I don't mind being wet, but I don't want to be in the water.  Splash pads, especially this one, achieve the perfect blend for me.


The last time we visited it was on a Sunday.  Although it was busy, it never felt crowded.  Today, on a Tuesday, it felt like we had complete run of the place.


Bree so desperately wanted to jump off the 20 foot diving platform, but couldn't work up the nerve.  She was, however, able to talk Jacob into jumping off the 10 foot diving board for the first time.  I can promise you, this will also be the last time.  I stopped the video before he started crying/threw up in the water.  I am proud of him for doing this.  He tried something new instead of being fearful and avoiding it.  Not everyone can do that.  And should he ever decide to go jumping 10 foot into the water, I may suggest he give diving a chance 'cause that boy has some great form!


No comments:

Post a Comment