Search This Blog

Saturday, July 6, 2019

The Goodbye

"When my heart is discontent, I struggle through the details of life and look closely upon my control for comfort.  When my heart is inclined towards God, I am more willing to open my hands to my story and look for the grace of God to show up."
                                              - Kara Tippetts


I cannot tell you how long ago Santa was placed on that mirror.  Like many things in Grandma's house, it has just always been there.  Maybe not always, but long enough to feel like forever, like things have never changed.  But change does happen.  And it is in the little details, like Santa, that I will look at and remember that the joy we experience here on Earth is nothing compared to the joy we will have in Heaven.  That the smiles and the laughter will be ten-fold greater.  For that alone, I have no reason to fight or to fear change.  I have no reason to be sad for you.  Your best days are yet to come.  I love you.  I will miss you.  And you have a great time until I see you again.

 Internal perspective will show you that there's more, that this is just a stopping ground, and that this isn't my forever home.  And I can look in confidence and say "This isn't it.  I will see you again."  And that it won't be long.

                                                  - Kara Tippets "The Long Goodbye"

No comments:

Post a Comment