Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Reminiscing

Muppets.  Smothers Brothers.  
David Copperfield.  

I have many fond memories of TV variety specials, holiday specials, and magician shows while growing up.  Sure the entertainment was good, but I think I liked being able to stay up past my bedtime the most.  It makes my nostalgic heart happy when stations like NBC and ABC try to bring back some of the good old days by broadcasting Live entertainment and you can bet I let my kids stay up late to watch it.  However, due to this time change still effecting our schedule, two of the kids fell asleep 45 minutes in!


Of all the productions that have been done The Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood has been our favorite.  When the kids start comparing the Live event to the movie, I have to remind them that of course it is going to be different.  Movies have CGI, special effects, prerecorded music, and editing to bring everything to life.  On stage its the actor's job to bring the magic and envelop you in it.  That is what true theater is and what makes it so great.    



No comments:

Post a Comment