Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

A Pumpkin Story - part 2

Our pumpkins all together at home.



But why are there four pumpkins when there are only three of us, you ask? Well thats because a certain one of us has had the hinkering for pumpkin seeds lately. I won't mention which one of us. :O) However I was very disappointed when I cut into my pumpkin to discover the inside was completely moldy!!







Even though it was rotten, I can't let a perfectly good pumpkin go to waste (the shell was fine so how the inside got moldy I'll never know), I scraped out the moldy insides and carved away.





I explained to our local grocery store, where I bought this specific pumpkin, that a pregnant lady just wants to eat pumpkin seeds but couldn't because they were moldy and they let me come pick out brand new pumpkin completely free of charge!! How awesome. This time I took my knife with me and cut open my pumpkin in the car. Better to be safe then still having no pumpkin seeds.

1 comment:

  1. Glad they gave you a new pumpkin and glad that you got your seeds!
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete