Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

For whatever reason, when I think of Mothers Day, my mind flashes back to an episode of the Smothers Brothers comedy hour where they sing to their "mother" actress Anne Ramsey:

M-O-T-H-E-R
"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.

I was hoping to find a clip of it on youtube to share with those of you who have no clue of what I"m talking about but I couldn't find it. However I did find this following clip that I also vividly remember and it fits quite nicely into the meaing of the day. Happy Mothers Day to all of you out there.

1 comment:

  1. Such good memories of sitting in the living room watching the Smothers Brothers (and don't forget the Monkees too!) with mom and dad and all of us! I vividly remember this episode too!

    ReplyDelete