Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Two Weeks

Its been two weeks since Dad passed away and life is slowly returning to normal... Or what is to be the new normal. I no longer sleep with one eye opened, phone in hand and in sweats and a t-shirt just in case I was needed in the middle of the night. Daily routines are being re-established. Potty training is back in full swing. Projects have been resumed. Then it comes time to blog about life's ups and downs with two kids when I'm reminded of the reason I started this blog in the first place. Dad.

It was January 2009. Dad had just been diagnosed with the cancer in October, started radiation for the brain tumors in November and had just finished a cycle of chemo right before Christmas. Since his immune system had taken such a blow, I was always hesitant to take Bree over to visit but I also didn't want Dad to miss out on all the great, wonderful, funny and frustrating things that Bree did. Thus the creation of my blog.

I know Dad enjoyed being able to follow our lives from home. He would talk to Bree as if he had experienced everything first hand with her and he never forgot to harass me when I fell behind in blogging. Which leads me to my next emotional turmoil. Regret. I know Dad understood that life with a two year old and a newborn doesn't leave much time for anything personal to get done and we tried to spend as much time with Dad as possible but that doesn't stop the waves of guilt that flood my body when I see how few and far between my posts became towards the end. I know there is nothing I can do to change the past. I can only hope to not make the same mistakes in the future. Although Dad is now experiencing everything first hand with us via heaven the rest of you depend on my blogging to keep up with our exciting lives. So, with the co-operation of my children, I vow to be better at blogging from here on out.

And please don't forget to harass me if I begin to neglect my blog. Just be sure to do it in memory of Dad. :o)

2 comments:

  1. I will gladly harass you in memory of your dad! That is not a problem! :)
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, It's Sunday..... I won't harass you for no blog for 2 days....But come tomorrow.........blog, blog, blog... Ed gave me your site so that I could keep up with Bree...How he loved her... Nothing but a proud Grandpa was he...Just want you to know how proud and grateful we are of you kids for everything you did for Ed...We knew when we would leave after a visit, he was in good hands..We love you guys....Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete