Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January Resolution Review

Quite obviously the more blogging resolution fell through the cracks in January but it wasn't all in vain.  I've been quite the organizing freak this month.  Check it out.


Our house is loaded with closets.  Not only to the kids have closets in their rooms but Jim and I each have our own closet.  Then there is our coat closet, game closet and junk closet.  Just as I don't like the idea of have a junk drawer in the kitchen (what a waste of drawer space!), I really don't like the idea of a junk closet when I have issues finding space for everyday items in the house.  So when the motivation hit, I went with it.  I emptied out the junk, found a new home for it all, and stood back to decide the best way to utilize the space.




My craft stuff!  Yes, this is what must go in this closet.  Previously craft items could be found stored in Bree's closet, under Jacob's desk, on my side of the bed, in the dining room buffet, on the end of the couch....  But now look at it...

Its all together. Its mostly organized. Its out of the children's reach.  I find myself every now and then just going to the closet and staring.  Its so pretty.  I feel so organized already. 

Then it was onto the mound of magazines I got last year but never had the time to sit down and read.  So I sat.  And I read.  And I read. And I read. And then eventually I just skimmed.  But I made it through the stack, ripping out everything that I like, found useful, inspired me and more and have been compiling it all into a binder that will become my Holy Grail of craft ideas, recipes, gardening tips, home improvement thoughts and whatever else I see fit.






Along with moving more, donating more and wasting less I've been keeping up with four of my New Years Resolutions.  How have you been doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment