Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ode to my Bathroom



Dearest Bathroom, oh how I love you,


Even in the depths of night, with sleep heavy in my eyes, I never fear of breaking an ankle by stepping on or tripping over toys just by walking across the room.


There are never mountainous piles of laundry awaiting me.



 No stacks upon stacks of dishes waiting to be washed.

No hours of dusting are ever needed.

Only cat nose smudges need to be cleaned from the windows, too bad I can't say the same about the mirrors.

A quick emptying of the trash and a heavy dousing of Clorox Anywhere spray can check you off my cleaning list in ten minutes tops. 



I no longer scoff at the jokes of parents retreating to you for seclusion.  Although a dead bolt lock would be a bit overkill, installing a solid wood door and sound-proofing the walls would not.



 


When I can manage to slip through the door alone, I cherish our short but sweet time together.  You're my oasis amongst the constant repetitive chatter, babble, leaking noses, poopy diapers, block throwing, re-reading the same book for the umpteenth time, never-ending chaotic-ness that is having two young children.  I love you.



Sincerely,
A Mother who would not trade this life for anything in the world but may need to invest in ear plugs to keep her sanity

1 comment:

  1. You are a nut! That's why I love ya!
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete