Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The return of Fred - Days 1 and 2

Twas the day after Thanksgiving...
 
Day One
 
Fred was sitting outside the back door to be discovered when leaving to cut down our Christmas tree.
 
 
His note read:
 
Dear Bree, Jake and little Holly,
I’m back from the North Pole and I missed you my dears
Santa sent me again to be his eyes and his ears.
Every night I will fly to give Santa advice
On whether you were naughty or wonderfully nice.
The rules are the same and I hope you agree
I can’t talk to you and you cannot touch me.
But no worries my sweets there is fun to share
You never know when I will show up somewhere.
However there is one thing Santa said I must do
“Teach them the true meaning of Christmas” and that’s true!
Jesus, God’s son, was born a long time ago
He was the very first Christmas present given, you know. 
He was sent here to teach us how to love one another
To care, to share, to speak nicely to each other.
Showing God’s love to the world is as easy
As cleaning your rooms or giving to the needy.
So I want you to enjoy all the Holiday fun
But don’t forget to share the love of God’s Son.
                                                       Sincerely Yours,
                                                                 Fred
Day Two
 
Perched on top of our stereo with a pair of pruners, a piece of our tree and a note that said:

 
Hey guys!
I saw the tree you cut down yesterday.  It smells so wonderful that I wanted a piece just for myself.  Did you know that people used to put these trees inside their house at Christmastime to help remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus?  Some people believe the needles are pointing up towards Heaven to remind us to pray and to be thankful that God sent his son on that very special day.  Others believe that the evergreen tree stands for Jesus.  In the Bible, Peter said “He himself bore our sins on a tree and by his wounds we are all healed.”  Even though your tree is in an unusual place, every time you see it be reminded that just as the evergreen stands strong and remains unchanged through the year, so does God’s love for us.
                                              Yours Truly,          
                                                        Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment