Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2017

What I'm reading this week



1. The Total Money Makeover
by Dave Ramsey
 
I have been a big Dave Ramsey follower for just over 4 years now.  At the time I discovered him, we some debt (but not the typical American amount) nor were we living paycheck to paycheck.  However, we had purchased a larger house, had two children, and never changed our ways of living/spending.  Something needed to give but where to start?  Enter Dave Ramsey.  Our financial lives changed for the better and we have no intention of ever heading back in that direction.  BUT.  That doesn't mean we have everything 100% figured out.  Life is ever changing.  And finances like relationships need tending to on a regular basis before things go south.  As I just recently entered the world of stay-at-home-mom with barely no tangible income, I, with a friend, am re-reading The Total Money Makeover.  I am looking forward to reading this book with a new perspective and what new ideas I can bring to our financial lives.
 
2.  Present Over Perfect
by Shauna Niequist
 
"A few years ago, I found myself exhausted and isolated, my soul and body sick. I was tired of being tired, burned out on busy. And, it seemed almost everyone I talked with was in the same boat: longing for connection, meaning, depth, but settling for busy.

I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, neighbor, writer, and I know all too well that settling feeling. But over the course of the last few years, I’ve learned a way to live, marked by grace, love, rest, and play. And it’s changing everything."

 
I've had this book once before but the timing wasn't right to truly read, enjoy, absorb this book.  But now that the holidays are over and life is settling down, I'm hoping to dive into it this week and I can't wait!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment