Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2017

Review

Remember my New Years Goal?
 
Its not time to reveal how many miles I completed in January just yet, but that doesn't mean I can't share accomplishments along the way.  
 
The workout began as normal.  A simple warm up and then threw a towel over the dashboard, cranked up the music, and treaded away.  Before I knew it 2 miles were over.
 
 
After playing puzzles and watching a few episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Holly, I was feeling daring enough to hit the treadmill again.  So, second verse same as the first.  Warm up, loud music, towel over the dashboard and off I went.  Only this time, I pushed a little harder.
 
 
 
Now, you can call me crazy but I was on a roll!  4 miles done.  Why not go for 6?

 
As you can see, that didn't happen.  Quarter mile in, my body said I was done and I just walked to complete the mile. 
 
Moral of the story:
I may not be where I want to be (mileage-wise for my goal) but at least I started.  Every mile walked or ran is one mile closer to where I want to be (fitness-wise).  At the beginning of January could I have busted out a 13 minute mile, do I dare say, with ease?  Not a chance.  And if I keep at it, do I know how much further along I'll be by the end of December?  We'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment