Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Years G-O-A-L

Its that time.  New Years Eve means making a plan and a path for the next 365 days.  Here's mine:
 
I am going to run 2,017 miles in 2017!
 
Or rather I am going to keep track to see how many of the 2,017 miles I can run in 2017.  Because, you see, in order to run 2,017 miles in one year you must complete 5.5 miles every day.  Every. Single. Day.  That is just not going to happen - I know this, I admit this, I am not ashamed of it, there ain't no way.  This is strictly a personal competition with myself to see how many I can achieve.
 
I'm not a crazy person, I did not think of this myself.  In the wonderful time consuming life trap that is Facebook, I discovered this legit challenge.  There is even a website where you can pay to register yourself or a team and work together to complete the challenge.  Take a look at the video - it is very inspiring:
 
 
I am choosing to not register online through their website but instead keep daily track on a calendar and blog about it on here.  On the last day of each month I will post the amount of miles completed as well as a running total for the year.  I would love for you to join me in this challenge by posting in the comment section of the monthly blog.
 
There is only one "rule" for this challenge and its a simple one:
 
The miles completed for this challenge must be intentional set aside time for exercise miles.  Not "I have a fit bit that counts my steps and calculates it into miles therefore I already walk five miles a day so this will be no problem" miles.    
 
We set aside time, manage to find the time, or squeeze things into our daily life that do not benefit our health.  This challenge will help prioritize your health and have fun doing it.
 
So... are you ready to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment