Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Beauty

I'm not a very materialistic person.  I don't collect anything (besides craft supplies). I would much rather make something for someone else rather then myself.  And I can never get rid of enough things out of my house (hence the 2-3 garage sales per year).  I do have a favorite coffee mug from a local artist I cherish and there are two bowls from a local charity event I am ever so careful with.  But ultimately, its all just stuff.  And when our time comes to go to the Great Beyond, we can't take it with us.  I guess that's why when it comes to Christmas, I don't have a favorite decoration for myself but rather for my children.
 
Let me explain.
 
 
These decorations aren't much to look at and most definitely will not last over the years.

 
But the memories of making them?

 
The simple days of childhood... the excitement of getting to use glitter... the ability to create a work of art, the joy of wrapping it in construction paper sealed with staples, and the pain staking anticipation of Christmas day to arrive so your parents can open your gift?

 
Those memories will last forever and will continue to bring joy year after year - long after the material item is gone.
 
#Advent2016   #ilovemyshepherd  #graftedheart

No comments:

Post a Comment