Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2016

Official

I have been pretty low key about this.  I cannot even say that those closest to me know yet.   But the time has come to make an official announcement.
 
As of December 31st, 2016
 
- after 18 years and 2 months of dedication -
 
I am retiring as the Children's Librarian at the Wauseon Public Library.
 
 
I've had my career and its been wonderful.  I loved meeting new people every day, seeing your children grow, and never could have dreamed of the experiences I would have working at a library over the years. But now is the time to focus on my children - they are only this young once afterall - and my mother whose health requires a little extra care.
 
I'm excited and scared at the same time.  I may always question if I made the right choice by leaving.  But at the end of the day, when I look back over my life and see my smiling children, the answer will be crystal clear.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Family first - ALWAYS. Never doubt your choice. God bless you and your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we will miss you and love you, but your family comes first, we will see you that is for sure you cannot get away from us that easy. Whatever you do, Rachel, me and the rest of your former colleagues will be behind you 100%. You will do great at whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete