Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Longing

This is the view from my couch:
 
 
During the Spring....
I watch the trees bud and the grass slowly return to its vibrant shade of green.
 
During the Summer....
I watch the children run and play and picnic under in the shade.
 
During the Fall....
I watch the farmer harvest his crop and enjoy the slow tumbling of the golden maple leaves.
 
But winter is my favorite.
 
During the winter...
 through my eastern facing door, I get to watch the dark snow clouds roll in - bringing that delightful white stuff.  I watch flake after flake, inch after inch, swirl to the ground while Christmas music plays in the background and I'm working on a few homemade presents.  And on bitterly cold weekends, my view becomes twice as nice with a fire crackling away in the fireplace.
 
Now I wait as patiently as I can for it to snow.,,,
 
#Advent2016  #ilovemyshepherd  #graftedheart

No comments:

Post a Comment