Search This Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Punch List

Mother's Day.
 
Call it "Old Love" where the little holidays aren't so much about chocolates and flowers (although I did get those too)
 
 
Or call it saving a bit of Mom's sanity. 
 
Whichever you prefer, Mother's Day this year was about punch lists.  Knocking out all those little things that pile up, get pushed back, nag at the back of your brain and keep you awake during the night.  So all I wanted for my special day, the thing(s) that make dreams come true were:
 
having my kitchen floor mopped (mind you it was their messes being cleaned up anyways),
 
 
a suet feeder hung outside my kitchen window,
 
 
my summer party patio lights strung,
 
 
my wind spinner assembled and placed in the landscaping,
 
 
art hung on the shed (I'm working on another piece that will go on the other side),

 
and hang my mason beehive (Mason Bees are non-stinging pollinators - very environmentally awesome creatures!).

 
While that was being done, I was busy planting my radishes
 

and onion sets (I'm a bit behind). 
 
Now we are almost ready for summer.   Thank you to the hubs and kids for busting out the chores and a little extra to help my mind be a little more peaceful.  Its the best gift anyone could hope for.
 
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment