Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Age Old Question

I ran into an acquaintance the other day who, upon discovering that all three children were now in school, asked me the age old, slightly infuriating, question..

What do you do with all your free time now? 

Since school started 3.5 weeks ago, I have only had one day - correction - one school day, meaning only 7.5 hours to do something of my own choosing.  Even then things like laundry, dishes, recycling, surface cleaning the house is intertwined as I move about.  On all the other days, if I do find I have 30 minutes of "free time", I quickly change my clothes and head out to the park to get some exercising in.  In fact, tonights exercising only happened in the short span between dropping kids off to church and having to pick them back up.   



I know, or hope, that schedules will calm down as the school year progresses and maybe I'll find more 'me' time.  But as a stay-at-home-mom, it is my job to keep everything running smoothly.  From holidays to cleaning to bills to sports to daily schedules the weight is mine.  I have no problem bearing it as long as my Keurig is working, but please, don't confuse a quieter house with having more free time.  I am just able to move faster and get more done in a day now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment