Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Sweeper

Its that time of year again - time to get our chimney and fireplace cleaned and inspected for the upcoming winter.  This is a day I look forward to all year.  Fires outside are a fun social event.  But fires burning inside?  They are cozy, calm, and peaceful family nights.  Yes, I do love my fireplace more than anything else in the house which is why today ended up being a very devastating day. 


We were informed that the natural settling of the house and age of the fireplace resulted in damage that must be fixed before we can safely burn again.  Its also not just one thing that needs fixed, there are multiple issues.   Fireplaces and their issues are not cheap.  Plus if we were thinking about resurfacing the brick doing so now would be the smarter more efficient way to go and fix the problems along the way.   This is not how I expected this standard cleaning to go but I am glad we found out now versus the hard way this winter.  For that I am grateful.    

No comments:

Post a Comment