Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My many ramblings

The batteries in my camera died...again. I really need to invest in some rechargable batteries but other things like shoes, purses and food always distract me when I'm at the store. Maybe the Easter Bunny will read this and take the hint to put some in my basket this year. :o) Or else the Easter Bunny will have to live with the fact I will forever be stealing the batteries from the remote.

My bathroom is on its way to being finished. The paint is up. The border is up. The vanity has been sanded and stained along with the door. Our countertop came in this wee. Its not installed but at least its sitting on the vanity making it useable. All thats left is sanding and staining the cabinets behind the door, staining the baseboards and sanding and staining the drawers. I know it sounds like a lot and even time consuming but its not. Hopefully it will be finished by the end of this weekend. Hopefully. With all this rain lately Jim has been having to work overtime so I can understand if he is too tired to work. I would post pictures of whats done but that would be like spoiling the surprise or ruining the wow factor of the complete project. I am expecting lots of "ooooohs" and "aaahhhhhs" from you all once I do post pictures.

Our furnace was installed last week. I'm actually excited to get my bill next month. How geeky am I? Hopefully there will be a big difference in the usage or whatever that translates into us saving money each month. Its also so much quieter. I swear the floor used to vibrate whenever the furnace kicked on. No exaggeration. I would like to say that I think the house is warmer too but I've been drinking so much ice water I"m pretty much frozen from the inside out and can't seem to keep warm. Ever. I've been told that has nothing to do with the furnace though.

I've been bitten by the reading bug lately. You'd think that since I was a librarian I'd be reading all the time. I honestly don't have time to read. Between Bree, housework, crafty projects, projects arond the house, etc, etc, etc I don't have time to just sit down and read. However when I do find a book that I'm interested in, I devour it. Last week I read "Multiple Blessings" by Jon and Kate Gosselin (of Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC) in two days. I loved it. I'm not an avid watcher of the show. I just can't stand Kate's attitude sometimes and even through this book that attitude was there and prominent. But now I understand why she is the way she is. If you were on complete bed rest in the hospital at twenty weeks to help ensure the lives of your babies, I think you have the right to be overprotective. Now I've moved on to reading "Seven from Heaven" by Bobbi and Kenny McCaughey. They are the couple that had septuplets in the late 90's. So far its a pretty quick read. You may be questioning my choice of baby books all the sudden but it doesn't mean anything. When I was in high school (when the septuplets were born) I had wanted to do a report on them for english class but wasn't allowed. Reading the Jon and Kate book reminded me about them so its not really like I'm on a baby kick.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, i'm waiting for the bathroom pictures. And if the bathroom isn't done yet i hope you feel like emptying out your purse and show me/us what's in your bag....I know i'm curious.

    ReplyDelete