Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Peanut Butter Granola Balls

When I was in High School, one of my favorite school foods was the granola bars. I would always make sure I had extra money those days to buy one or two extra. Yes, premade boxed ones are okay if they are the chewy kind, but nothing can beat those yummy school granola bars. Until now. Here is a recipe that I recently tried and loved. Even Jimmerz gave them his approval.

Peanut Butter Granola Balls

1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter

1 cup rice krispies
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup your choice (mini m&ms, chocolate chips, dried fruits, nuts, etc).

1. In a saucepan, heat honey, peanut butter and butter until loosened and smooth.
2. Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies, oats and whatever else you're using.
3. Drop by spoonfuls into cupcake liner or press into a pan if you prefer to make bars.
4. Refrigerate until set (about 15 minutes).
5. Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to one week.


Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment