Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Single lady to single mom

This past weekend I received a much needed mini vacation from the responsibilities of being an adult. Since I had to work for a few hours on Saturday, Jim decided to take Friday off work and head up to the lake with Bree which left me home alone. It was undescribably wonderful to have the house to myself. It stayed clean all weekend. I had no need or desire to vaccuum three times during the day. I could eat breakdast, lunch and dinner at whatever time I wanted. I even read an entire book. So peaceful. So relaxing. Even working on Saturday was fun (yes work can be fun) because I taught tweens how to make stepping stones using a pizza box and quikrete.



Then came Monday. Due to not much work around here, Jim was asked to work on the cottages up at the lake. Since the lake is an hour away and that would require my darling husband to get up earlier to be to work on time, he decided to just pack his bags and stay up there for the rest of the week. I don't blame him for wanting to stay. Its supposed to be a beautiful week. Its just amazing how quickly I went from being carefree, do whatever I want whenever I want single lady to single mom, doing it all. However, with Jim gone and no other distractions, I should have plenty of time after Bree goes to bed to file her pictures in photo albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment