Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Dinnertime

I have a blog post about a 6 and a half year old Bree making sandwiches for lunch and even using the stovetop for scrambled eggs.  Awesome.  Great.  However, I'm not really sure where I went wrong that my almost 9 year old son struggles to smear cream cheese on his bagels and is constantly asking me to make him snacks instead of just doing it himself. 
 
Things are about to change.  One dinner at a time.
 



 

 
From start to finish (aside from browning the hamburger and pulling the dish out of the oven), Jacob was in charge of making Amish Noodle Casserole, salad complete with diced eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers, and rice krispy treats for dessert.  During the entire prep time he kept saying
 
 "I wasn't hungry when we started but now I'm smelling all this food and I'm so hungry.  When will it be time to eat?"  
 
Story of my life kid.  Heck, story of any chef's life. 
Hazard of the job.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment