Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Whats Not to Love - Days 14 - 15 - 16 - 17

Day 14:
 I love discovering that our minor kitchen fire wasn't my fault.  Okay, we already knew it wasn't my fault as it was Jacob who was playing with the toaster before the fire started.  However EVEN if I left the toaster plugged in and EVEN if in my laziness I left a piece of toast in the toaster, it was Jacob putting the TV remote into the toaster that officially caused the fire. 

And I have the proof!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present to you Exhibit A.  The charred remains of the TV remote battery that was found in the bottom of the toaster.


Day 15:

In preparation for a girls crafting night, I needed some patterns cut from wood.  A flood of memories came crashing down as our slipper covered feet shuffled across the garage floor, scroll saw clanking away, belt sander grinding away.  Normally after being away from power tools for an extended period of time you have a bit of apprehension about losing fingers or an eye when turning them back on.  Not me.  Not this time.  I was every bit as confident about using those machines as I was a few years ago using them in Dad's shop.  However, a piece of wood did get away from me and I sanded a nice size chunk of my nail away. 




Day 16:

I love my cats. 
I would love to be a cat. 
Need I say more?


Day 17:
I do not love when my children are sick but I do love how snugly they are when under the weather.  And Jacob was sick for almost 5 days.  That five days of holding and rocking him to sleep and doing absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment