Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

To each their own

Whether its the rays of sunshine peeking over the roof or the sound of stampeding feet running into my room to wake me in the morning, the first thing I see when opening my eyes is this glorious view through my bedroom window:
 
 
A budding green maple...
 
Pine trees...
 
And a behemoth lilac bush.
 
 
Its a beautiful bush.
 
Wonderful amounts of shade.  Great barrier between our house and the neighbors. Plenty of branches for Bree and Jake to practice their climbing skills.
 
However, as I said before, this bush is huge.  Gigantic.  Enormous. 
 
And the problem with a massive lilac bush is the sheer volume of flowers in the spring time.
 
And the problem with the sheer volume of flowers is the Over. Whelming. Stench. all the flowers produces.
 
Although I find the flowers very pretty to look at, the aroma of lilacs is one I have never, ever liked in my life.  Even if I had liked the smell before, having that large of a bush with that strong of an odor invading my every breath every moment I'm home, I'm not so certain I'd like it anymore. 
 
The silver lining?
 
I am very, very thankful for my sense of smell, even if I have to deal with a little unpleasantness every spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment