Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

A Christmas Carol

In case you don't know me, I enjoy Christmas music.  All year.
  Even though I can listen to the same songs month in and month out and year after year, at Christmastime there is usually one song that speaks to me in that season.  I hear it differently.  The lyrics pull at my heart like never before. 
 
I listened and listened to Christmas music like never before (thanks to the unusual pre-holiday snow we had in November) but nothing happened.  No song jumped out at me.  No life altering lyrics for the month.  Nothing. 
 
Until New Years Day.
 
Its not a typical Christmas Carol.  Its actually a song from a movie that I have watched multiple times every year since I was in middle school or even younger! And the weird thing is...  I wasn't even watching the movie when the lyrics flooded my brain! 
 
"Bless Us All"
Muppets Christmas Carol  

 
Life is full of sweet surprises
Every day's a gift

The sun comes up
And I can feel it lift my spirit

Fills me up with laughter
Fills me up with song
I look into the eyes of love
And know that I belong
 
 
 
Bless us all who gather here
The loving family I hold dear

 

No place on earth compares with home
And every path will bring me back from where I roam



Bless us all, and as we live
We always comfort and forgive
We have so much that we can share
With those in need we see around us everywhere

 



Let us always love each other
Lead us to the light

Let us hear the voice of reason
Singing in the night

Let us run from anger
And catch us when we fall
 

Teach us in our dreams
And please, yes please
bless us one and all

 
Bless us all with playful years
With noisy games and joyful tears

 
 

We reach for you and we stand tall
And in our dreams and prayers we ask you
Bless us all
 

No comments:

Post a Comment