Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Ensured or Cursed?

Each Spring brings high hopes for a bountiful garden.  Seeing old dirt over-run with weeds...

 
 
...turned over and ready for new life is invigorating, encouraging, inspiring. 
 
 
And when then those little seeds begin to sprout
 
 
and your first harvest is ready, you begin to think...
 
 
"I've got this!  I am a gardener! 
I will be successful!!"

 
But then Mother Nature (mixed with a chaotic schedule to say the least) has another plan and the beginnings of a drought are taking their toll on gardens everywhere. 
 
 
Oh my poor basil.

 
With all the promises of rain in the forecast that have been missing our corner of Ohio, I have found a foolproof way to ensure that we will get tomorrows storms.  Guaranteed. 
 
I watered my garden
 
 
Or perhaps I did the opposite and I cursed us with more possible rain that will miss us.  How did I do that?
 
Well, in order to water my garden I emptied my entire rain barrel and can do no more watering until it fills back up.  But that's okay.  Its supposed to rain tomorrow, right?

 
 
So there you have it. 
 
I either ensured our rain because my garden no longer needs watered.  Or I cursed us all by using up all my water reserves in knowing that we'll get more rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment